- 3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon EnerG Egg Replacer powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- ½ cup cold-pressed sunflower (or vegetable) oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- extra oil for cooking
- Optional add-ins:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ¾ cup dried cherries, cranberries, or raisins
Combine flour, oats, sugars, baking powder, Egg Replacer, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Make a well in the center. Add the pumpkin puree, oil, water, and vanilla extract. Stir just until well blended; do not over mix. Stir in add-ins as desired.
Heat griddle or pan, lightly greased with oil. Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to drop batter onto hot griddle. Cook until underside is lightly browned and edges appear to dry out a bit. Flip pancakes and continue cooking until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter, using oil to lightly grease the grill between batches.
Serve warm with your favorite vegan margarine (I’m partial to Earth Balance Whipped Organic or Coconut Spread) and maple, chocolate, or apple syrup. Enjoy!
Makes about 2 dozen