- 1 ½ cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon EnerG Egg Replacer powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter (I used homemade peanut butter by my dear friend Mary Kay)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- ⅓ to ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 banana, thinly sliced (optional)
- coconut oil for cooking
Combine dry ingredients. Stir to mix well, then make a well in the center. In a separate bowl, stir some of the milk, warmed, together with the peanut butter, and if solid, the coconut oil, until smooth. Stir in the rest of the milk, the water, vanilla, and almond extract (if using). Add mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir gently to blend. If desired, stir in chocolate chips.
Heat griddle or pan, lightly greased with coconut oil. Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to drop batter onto hot griddle. Cook until underside seems golden brown (it will show around the bottom edges). Flip pancakes and continue cooking until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter, using coconut oil to lightly grease the grill between batches.
Makes 10 - 12 fluffy, delicious pancakes.
Tip: For Peanut Butter (caramelized) Banana pancakes, place a few thin slices of banana on the grill then pour ¼ cup of batter over for each pancake. Proceed as directed above. Wipe grill with a damp paper towel between batches to avoid making “burnt banana” pancakes!! :-) Serve with chocolate peanut butter syrup and extra caramelized bananas.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
Combine all ingredients in a bowl atop a double boiler. Make sure that no steam escapes around the sides of the bowl. Turn off heat and stir until syrup is completely melted and pourable. Enjoy!!