- 1 package (14oz) firm tofu (do not press water out of tofu!)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs*
- ½ packet taco seasoning mix for Tex-Mex Burger OR ½ packet onion dip mix for French Onion Burger
- ½ tsp turmeric (opt.)
- 1 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos (opt.)
- Vegetable oil (for pan frying)
Drain tofu and crumble into mixing bowl. Add bread crumbs, spices and Bragg's Aminos. Knead with hands or potato masher until mixture is well combined. Roll mixture between hands to form a ball. Gently flatten into patty shape. Cook patties on medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
*Tip: Want gluten-free Tofu Burgers, or just don't have bread crumbs? Try substituting 1 cup finely crushed cereal flakes like corn or rice! We like using Nature's Path Heritage Flakes (though those aren't gluten-free, just tasty :-)